A bemused Alan asked me recently how could I spend so much time on my laptop? Aside from a couple of hours job hunting daily, which has proven to be painfully slow, I’m a complete news junkie and wander around all the major news agencies during the day.
And there’s the photography thing, social media, movies, reading assorted business & marketing articles, and of course constantly looking for recipes that are worth a try.
I came across this gem on the Irish Weight Watchers website – http://www.weightwatchers.ie
They really are incredibly tasty and simple to make. As long as the chicken mince / meat hasn’t already been frozen and thawed, these will keep nicely in the freezer.
- 400g chicken mince
- 6 spring onions
- Couple sprigs fresh rosemary
- 25g Parmesan, grated finely
- 25g fresh white breadcrumbs. I always keep a bag of breadcrumbs in the freezer.
- 4 rolls of your choice, I like the Irish Pride Slimster squares
- Lettuce or rocket (arugula), tomato and mature cheddar (Cheese not in the WW recipe)
- Mayo, brown sauce or relish – whichever you like
- Chicken mince is not the easiest thing to find, whereas Turkey mince is ubiquitous. I got 400g of chicken thigh fillets and blitzed them in the blender. You can use chicken breast fillets for the mince if you prefer. You can of course use turkey mince but I really wanted to use chicken.
- Finely chop the spring onion and rosemary leaves, and combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season well, and get stuck in with your hands, until everything is evenly distributed.
- Divide into 4 equal amounts and mould into patties with your hands, or as I like to, make into patties with a burger press, great gadget.
- Line the grill tray with foil, and cook under a pre heated grill for 15 minutes or more, turning occasionally. As with all chicken dishes, make sure the juices run clear. As I used thigh fillets, the meat will look slightly pink when cooked.
- Assemble your burger, and tuck in!
Recipe © Weight Watchers International
Blogpost © David Wilkins – May 2014